Hello everyone,
Yesterday, I got to experience first hand what the "Game Ready" machine actually does.
For the past couple of months that I have been treating patients with the machine, I never fully understood what it did for the patient besides making them feel some pain, relieve the pain, then numb the area of inflammation.
The machine comes with many different sleeves for different parts of the body, some of these sleeves include: ankle, thigh, lower back, shoulder, and elbow to name a few.
I chose to test out the elbow sleeve.
The machine has a compartment that you fill with 1 part water to 3 parts ice. There is hose that connects to the machine and the sleeve.
You activate the machine and start the "Game Ready" procedure by setting the sensitivity, temperature, and time.
Once you press "Start" you immediately feel a rush of coldness creep up your arm as the sleeve fills with the injected "ice/water mixture". The average procedure lasts up to 15 minutes, 7 and a half minutes in is where it is at it's peak coldness.
My arm at first felt good, it felt as if I had waded into a cold lake.
Couple of minutes in, I could feel a stinging pain in my arm.
At the peak temperature the feeling of needles and numbness interchanged.
Towards the end of the treatment, the cool numbness feeling felt good and slightly painful at the same time.
After experiencing first hand, the actual treatment that I have been giving, it was interesting to see how it felt.
Thanks for reading!
Hope to update you on some "Ultrasound" next week!
Andrew
No comments:
Post a Comment